Truefood Network Advisory Panel application process
The Truefood Network (TFN) was established in 2002 by Greenpeace Australia Pacific with the intention of creating a community united to protect our food from genetic engineering and promote sustainable agriculture. It is now comprised of over 22,000 members from the community, among them every day Australians, chefs, food experts and farmers. Last March, Greenpeace gave the wheel to the Safe Food Foundation (SFF) who is now guiding and developing the Truefood Network and the Truefood guide. In its effort to protect the food system, both in Australia and globally, the Safe Food Foundation is seeking new members who are committed to the promotion of ecological farming and healthy food to join the Truefood Network advisory panel (TFNAP). With the advisory panel we aim to utilise the strengths and expertise of supporters of ecological farming and healthy food in order to move the TFN forward.
Do you have the time, energy, interest and willingness to become a TFNAP member ?
TFNAP Members selection criteria
- Commitment to the TFN and TFG objectives.
- Practical skills and expertise that will support the TFN and TFG activities. Ideally, manager of a like-minded organisation, chef, food expert, farmer, member of the health or nutrition sector, etc.
- Willingness to participate in monthly meetings via teleconference and email and face to face if opportunities arise. These meetings will provide panel members with the opportunity to give their input on issues they believe should be addressed by the TFN in the newsletter, on the website and via social media outlets. The panel will also be consulted on issues in relation to the Truefood Guide, it’s publication and launch under the guidance of SFF. And in addition the panel will give the Safe Food Foundation its view on how funds raised by the TFN are to be spent.
- Computer literate with regular access to internet and email
- Please submit an application including a brief overview of your ability to meet the criteria listed above, plus a little about yourself and why you think you would be a great candidate for the Truefood Network Advisory Panel to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received by the end of July.
- TFNAP Members will be selected by the SFF based on the TFNAP Members Selection Criteria. A decision will be made by the end of August.